Upon receiving the initial phone call, I knew this would be different. They didn’t need a photographer for wedding because their wedding celebration took place in Lebanon. They’d just returned from Lebanon to have their US wedding and were looking for what I refer to as a day after session. Now that may not be a term that many are familiar with. In fact, I wasn’t familiar with day after sessions until about two years ago. But what is it? A day after session is post wedding day portraiture. It doesn’t have to be the actual day after the wedding day, but it’s typically very soon after. The client’s decide if they’d like to don their wedding formals, as did Adham & Hayat. Here are a few images from their awesome day after session!
Please join with me in wishing Adham & Hayat all the best in their life together as husband & wife. If you like what you see here, let them know by clicking on the Facebook like button or leave them a comment below.
Day After Sessions
There are several reasons why you might be interested in a day after session:
- You’re planning your wedding, and your current wedding day schedule doesn’t allow enough time for portraiture.
- You’re having a destination wedding and would like a portrait session with just you & your spouse in more casual attire.
- You’re like Adham & Hayat, having a celebration in one location and a ceremony in another. You might want portraits from both locations.
- Or, you’re already enjoying marital bliss and you just want to do it all over again.
- Or maybe you had bad weather on your wedding day, but really wanted some gorgeous outdoor portraits.
- Or worse, you’re just not happy with your wedding photos and you’d like a do over with a better photographer.
I’ve had several weddings over the years in which I’ve been pressed for time between the ceremony and the reception. In such cases, I’ll ask the bride & groom for a few minutes of their time during the wedding reception in order to capture portraits of them alone. However, getting time with the bride & groom during the reception can prove to be a difficult task as their friends and family want to spend time with them in celebration of their big day. In such cases, I highly recommend a day after session, even for a local wedding. A note to all the Raleigh wedding planners out there, this is a really good idea!
Photographer for Wedding
If you’re planning your wedding day and are looking for a photographer for wedding, and you like what you see here, contact our studio by clicking here. Although we have very few remaining 2011 wedding dates available, your date may just be! If you’re looking for a 2012 date, now is the time to talk with us.